Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Assignment: Composition (Week 4)

This week I took one a artwork from artist Drew Struzen and reproduced it. I also had to keep in mind what type of composition was used.


This is the artwork I chose, poster of Star Wars Phantom Menace


The poster/ artwork uses a "Radial" Composition. This particular style of composition uses a direct focal point usually off center and immediately draws the viewer into that specific spot, in this case with use of bright highlights around the ship. Then rest of the artwork "radiates" from the focal point and outward. After the view of the spaceship which is the main focal point, the eye is drawn towards Darth Maul's glowing eye which has more color but it sits back from the main focal point.


This is my Artwork I reproduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Research (Decals)

What is a Decal? Shader Used for placing material onto pre-existing material. Decal can also be layered, simple or complex It can be a...