Monday, October 22, 2018

Creating a Simple Organic Model: Shark (Week 9)

This week I chose one of Nick's Organic Fish Designs (Shark) and Modeled/Textured/UE4 from start to finish.

This is the design I chose


I started in Maya by setting up a image plane and scale.


Then I modeled the Low Poly (Game RES) of the model in Maya. Since we only had a side view to model from it was quite challenging and time consuming. Ended up with about 1k polys.


Next I did the UV Sets for the LowRes model.



Here are some Images of the Low Poly Rendered out in Maya.





Next I created a Higher Poly version (more geometry and edges) and converted to smooth mesh in Maya. I will send the higher poly smooth mesh model into Zbrush.



Once in Zbrush I converted the model into Dynamesh and started to add details and sculpted it.
Here is the result rendered out.



I Decimated the HighRes sculpt to keep it within 2 Million Polys


I then went into Substance Painter to bake my HighRes/Sculpted/Decimated Zbrush model into my LowPoly GameRES model. Initially I had lot of trouble getting all the details to correctly show but I later figured out the problem.


Then in Substance Painter I painted texture details... here is the result.






Then I exported my maps and tried to set up the material instance.


Here is the result in UE4



No comments:

Post a Comment

Research (Decals)

What is a Decal? Shader Used for placing material onto pre-existing material. Decal can also be layered, simple or complex It can be a...